Monday, December 6, 2010

Christmas Pictures As Gifts

Here are some of my favorite pictures we've taken of the kids over the years at Christmas time.  Some of these were framed and given as gifts to grandparents.  Always a popular gift in our family!

This is my first born's first Christmas.  We didn't have cable and were broke but we did have a digital camera!  I spent my days dressing him up and taking pictures...all day.  I have it sitting out year round and he's 8 years old now!

This is the first picture Christmas card we sent out.  It took us about thirty tries to get this one picture but it was so worth it.  The looks on their faces tell you exactly what their personalities are!  This one sets out year 'round, too!
(the scribbled note reads "For Santa")

These are ones they took during Sunday School at church and sent home with the kids.  I love my little Joseph!  This was such a great idea that I implemented it in my AWANA Cubbies "Noel Night!"
 The parents love it!  Every girl gets to be Mary and every boy gets to be Joseph.  I have a sweet friend who is a photographer and she volunteers to bring her gear up and takes the most amazing photos of the kids.  Thanks, Mitzi!

And finally.  I have a December birthday and this sweet picture is what my boys gave me last year.  The black nose was Little Bit's idea.  My husband said he came out of the bathroom with a marker looking like this!

Hopefully you can use some of these ideas with your own kiddos or maybe nieces and nephews (take it from a parent...we would love to get cute pics of our kids for a Christmas gift!)

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. So sweet! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I LOVE yours after just looking at a couple posts and I have to admit that I am quite jealous of your amazing fireplace and kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it...the other thing that you can do is a collage picture at Walmart.com an 8X10 is only $2.?? and you can have it shipped to the store for free...Great grandparent gift! I have been doing it for 2 years now and I make the collage pictures that span the whole year! Come over to my blog http://threemenandaladyblog.blogspot.com/ and I will post a picture of the one we're giving out this year!!

    ReplyDelete